How to Attach a Knitted Head to It’s Body
Attaching a knitted head and body together when assembling your knitted toy can be tricky and needs a little practice. Here are some instructions with pictures to help you get the body and head connected securely.
You will need a sewing needle and a double thread as well as a knitted and stuffed head and knitted and stuffed body.
1. Take a finished head and body and place them on a flat surface or table
2. Take a knitting needle and insert it through the centre of the body and through the centre of the head.
3. Push the head and body together. Take a double thread of yarn and insert it into the head.
4. Insert the needle into body and then head and begin to sew. Go through the body and head alternately pulling the thread fully through each time.
5. Turn the body as you go. Continue to sew through the body and head alternately.
Pull the thread tight as you go to seal the body to the head.
6. Go all the way round the body and head. Then sew the extra thread into the base of the neck and tie off.
If the head is still loose you could go round again but pull the thread away from the centre of the head a little.
Remove the knitting needle and you are done !